Future Energy Partners can provide complete technical and commercial due diligence throughout the asset life / business stage. For example, our team developed an oil and gas asset development plan for a mature Caspian area project where high level terms had been agreed. A technical and commercial evaluation was conducted including a site visit to assess the condition of the plant and equipment and local stakeholder issues. In this case, we recommended that the acquiring party not complete the acquisition without significant changes in the acquisition terms and conditions.
Future Energy Partners has experience working globally in most of the world’s prolific basins. At the strategic level we have established and implemented risk-based processes whereby our clients can view and rank their opportunities in a holistic and consistent form, providing a framework for investment decisions – across conventional and unconventional portfolios while incorporating industry best practices. We can assess the state of capital projects and identify remedial actions to mitigate project delivery risks.
Future Energy Partners have provided exploration support and guidance across a variety of clients and geographies. Our experience and ability to define and communicate exploration opportunities across the organisation (from engineers to C-suite) and externally e.g. to Investors has been successful across North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, the UKCS, the Norwegian continental shelf, the US GoM and other basins globally. Our clients include traditional Exploration and Production companies as well as Private Equity investors. We can provide guidance / technical reviews on activities ranging from petroleum systems, exploration and appraisal planning, well proposals and evaluations, through to exploration license evaluation and resource estimations.
Future Energy Partners advise governments, institutions, investors, and businesses on ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) issues including alignment of objectives, compensation models, environmental and social risks and opportunities, Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIA’s), as well as providing bespoke Capacity Building.
Many challenges relate to the interaction of energy resource developments and their impact on regions, communities, and society as a whole. There are many opportunities to ensure the development of new forms of energy supports the growth of economies locally and regionally, while respecting the rights and welfare of those impacted, and the natural environment. These interactions can be managed to the benefit of all parties by providing jobs, compensation, along with the guaranteed protection of people’s rights.
At Future Energy Partners, we are focussed on expanding horizons for society and creating prosperity. We are also very aware that the global pandemic and associated economic consequences have closed off a key element for the development of young people - the opportunity for work experience and on the job training. Future Energy Partners has amongst its associates hundreds of years of industrial experience backed by academic achievement. This experience is made available to individuals and clients through:
• Bespoke and tailored training courses - not only do we share subject matter methodology and techniques, but crucially the human factors that make the world of work go around – teamwork, career development, performance management, conflict resolution. This experience transfer will help fill the vacuum of lost opportunity due to the fundamental changes the world is going through, and the uncertainty it faces. We provide the following on-line courses:
- Health Safety & Environmental Leadership
- Climate Change
- Subsurface Energy Systems: Practices & Processes
- HSE Management Systems
- Process Safety Management
- Operational Excellence……….. and many more
• Case Studies - An example of the Future Energy Partners ability to develop and implement fit-for-purpose technical and leadership training is our close collaboration with Nexus International University based in Uganda – the only fully on-line University in Africa. In addition to the courses shown above we have helped with the development of courses in Greenhouse Gas Inventories, Enterprise Management, Public Health and Petroleum Leadership and Management. We are actively forging relationships and working with academe and institutions throughout the world - with much of the training provided by distance learning and the Internet.
Future Energy Partners can provide specialised Expert Dispute Resolution support for clients – addressing the issues which require a combination of deep technical and commercial experience to address disputes and differing legal interpretations of business activities. Such disputes typically arise in joint venture operating agreements, ESIA’s, production sharing agreements, contracts with third parties, and labour and government regulations. We have advised JV partner on their position with respect to…their rights in the Joint Operating Agreement. We conducted a project review of a major project in offshore UK to provide lessons learned to be applied their other development projects.
FEP conducted a review of available technical information for a portfolio of hydrocarbon exploration licences in onshore and offshore west Africa. There were a few interesting discoveries nearby the offshore block but in shallower water. The project entailed assessing the risks and technical challenges with the exploration programme and the risk and opportunities for development of potential discoveries. A data acquisition program was developed and costed to balance the cost of acquisition with the value to be added. Region and offset data was acquired and assimilated into the assessment of the exploration potential. The client concluded that the area to focus was on the offshore block understanding the technical and cost risks based on our recommendation.